What is God’s Global Urban Mission?
Tim Keller, in a message entitled, What is God’s Global Urban Mission? from Cape Town 2010.
Tim makes some excellent points about intentionally making disciples in cities:
1. Cities tend to be comprised of younger, unchurched, and poor people.
2. People are more “reachable” in cities.
3. We need to be culturally sensitive.
4. We need to be make the gospel relevant to people’s lives.
5. We have to be open to constant disorder and change.
6. We have to be evangelistic and concerned about justice.
7. We must be attentive to the arts.
8. We need to be cooperative with other churches in the city.
Do you have similar observations about reaching people in cities? What else would you add?