Largest and Fastest Growing Churches in the U.S.
Outreach has released the Outreach 100, which is their annual report of the largest and fastest growing churches in the United States. Lifeway Research tabulated the average attendance at 25,000 churches and compared the results to these same churches from a year ago to determine their growth or decline.
Interestingly, almost half (47) of the Largest churches identify themselves as “nondenominational” and many of the church on the list use multi-campus models.
Top 5 Largest U.S. Churches
1.LakewoodChurch,Houston,Texas, Joel Osteen, (43,500)
2.NorthPointCommunityChurch,Alpharetta,Ga., Andy Stanley (24,325)
3.SecondBaptistChurch,Houston,Texas, Ed Young Sr. (24,041)
4.WillowCreekCommunityChurch, SouthBarington,Ill., Bill Hybels (24,000)
5. Southeast Christian Church,Louisville,Ky., Dave Stone (19,230
Top 5 Fastest-Growing U.S. Churches
1.12StoneChurch,Lawrenceville,Ga., Kevin Myers (30 percent, +2,226)
2.ExperienceLifeChurch,Lubbock,Texas, Chris Galanos (60 percent, +1,061)
3. The Rock Church and World Outreach Center, San Bernardino, Calif., Jim Cobrae (25 percent, +2,646)
4. People’s Church,Oklahoma City,Okla., Herbert Cooper (58 percent, +1,085)
5.FaithChurchofSt. Louis,Fenton,Mo., David Crank (36 percent, +1,200)
Top 5 Youngest Fastest-Growing U.S. Churches
1. The Potter’s House Church of Denver Denver, Co, E. Christopher Hill (1800 increase)
2. Transformation Church Fort Mill, SC, Derwin Gray (696 total increase)
3. Elevation Church Charlotte, NC, Steven Furtick (2744 total increase)
4. Element Church St Louis, MO, Erik Lawson (278 total increase)
5. Grace Community Church Clarksville, TN, Ron Edmondson & Chad Rowland (528 total increase)
What observations do you have about the largest churches or fastest growing churches in the U.S.?