1st Century or 21st Century Church?
Jose L Bosque recently posted an intriguing article charging us to adopt a 21st century model of church. He posited that we need Kingdom thinking. To wit:
1. Christianity is a lifestyle not a religion we participate in on Sundays
2. The Lord Jesus is the central focus of our corporate meetings not the “Pastor’s” sermon or the ritual of “communion”.
3. We live in the “Presence of God” It’s not something we conjure up with great “worship” in our corporate meetings.
4. Worship is our life before God daily not the song service before the “Word”.
5. We are all daily ministers of God and we are a Kingdom of priests not spectators.
6. We are the dwelling place for the Holy Spirit not the building. We sanctify the building the building doesn’t sanctify us.
7. We are to make disciples not lead people to recite the “Sinner’s Prayer”.
Challenging thoughts for the church to consider. You can read the rest of the post here.